We are a DIRECT REPAIR FACILITY for the major insurance carriers. This means that we are pre-authorized by these companies to do repairs on vehicles. What this means to you is that you don’t have to spend time searching for estimates or a facility that honors your car insurance company. We like to keep the repair process as easy as possible for you. After an accident, you might file a car insurance claim and think it is obvious what’s wrong with your car and what repairs are necessary.

In many cases, insurance companies do not accept a body shop’s estimate of what a repair will cost. In other cases, the insurer will generate the original estimate, and a repair shop might disagree.

In either case, we work with insurance companies to discuss the supplemental (additional damage found.) Vern Eide Body Shop will make negotiations for you; easing the process. In most cases, these are resolved after an amicable negotiation.


Vern Eide Body Shop is a full-service auto body and collision repair shop. We are a family-owned business and have served the Sioux Falls area for over 35 years. Whether you have been in an accident or are looking to get bodywork done, our goal is to keep your vehicle looking and running great. Stop by and visit us on East 10th Street and we’ll make sure to get you and your vehicle back on the road.

  • We make auto repair more convenient for you
  • We are a friendly and professional
  • Servicing Sioux Falls for over 35 Years
  • Available Loaner Vehicles
  • We get the job done right — the first time


  • What is a deductible?

    A deductible is the portion of your collision repair paid by you, if the repair is paid for by an insurance company. Your insurance company will be able to tell you if a deductible is applicable and what the amount of your deductible is. Deductible amounts are established at the time you purchase your auto insurance policy.

  • My vehicle is totaled. What does that mean?

    The cost to repair your vehicle is actually more than its value as determined by the insurance company. For example, if your vehicle costs $1000 to repair and its value is $500, then the insurer will only pay you the value of $500 plus applicable sales tax and the insurer will keep the vehicle.

  • My vehicle is totaled but can I still have it repaired and keep it?

    Yes, but you need to be aware of a couple of things. First, the insurance company will only pay you the value of your car. The following example assumes you are keeping the vehicle—the value is determined as follows: value at the time of loss using at least the average of the retail values according to the NADA Used Car Guide and one other automobile industry source approved by the Insurance Commissioner, less the “salvage value” determined by the insurance company. The insurer must tell you where they will be able to take the vehicle to be paid the “salvage value”. You will have to pay for all necessary repair work out-of-pocket if you choose to keep the vehicle.

    Also, the title to the vehicle has to be stamped “salvage” and the Department of Motor Vehicles will have to re-inspect the car before it is allowed back on the road. You should contact the Department of Motor Vehicles for further information regarding title re-issuance for “salvaged” vehicles.